Here is a simple guide to know more about British airways baggage allowance. Although we always advise our customers to get in touch with your best travel agents in London, Uk to know the exact baggage allowance on your ticket.
You can always add bags on your flight ticket once the booking is done, preferably before your departure date over the phone because it’s always cheaper than adding them at the airport.
British Airways Baggage Allowance Determining Factors
It’s crucial to understand that British Airways baggage policy takes into account a number of things before we get into the specifics:
- Travel Class: Depending on whether you are travelling in Economy, Premium Economy, Business Class, or First Class, the baggage limit differs.
- Route: Your British Airways baggage allowance may also be impacted by your destination and the fare class you’ve selected. It’s crucial to confirm the specifics of your trip because some may have different regulations.
- Having Oneworld alliance status or being a member of British Airways’ Executive Club may entitle you to additional luggage perks.
- Special Circumstances: For unique situations, such as travelling with young children, athletic equipment, or medical requirements, there may be exemptions and modifications.
Checked baggage allowance depends on the ticket you have booked and the route that you are flying in.
British Airways always offer free checked baggage, but if you have booked a cheap British airways ticket that has hand luggage only, pay extra for your checked bags.
We advise you to book extra British Airways baggage that you require over the phone because British Airways baggage fees can get doubled or, sometimes, even tripled at the airport.
There are some restrictions to British Airways Baggage Allowance that have been explained below:
- Hold luggage should not exceed 90x75x43cm in size.
- Including Economy Premium Economy, Business comes with free checked British Airways baggage.
- First Class travellers get 3 bags of 32 kgs each for free from certain routes. Check with the travel agent.
On all British Airways flights, you get a hand luggage allowance of 10kgs. But please make sure that
- You measure your hand luggage before flying including handles and wheels.
- We advise you to find more cabin-approved rucksacks and suitcases that have lower chances of exceeding the limitations.
- Make sure that you have a yellow tag available at the airport check-in desk that will guarantee that you will take your hand luggage with you in the cabin.
We advise you to do your research on British Airways baggage or better talk to the best travel agents in London, UK before you book British Airways flights. Remember it is no budget airline. Even their Economy comes with more leg room, snacks, drinks and family-friendly extras.
When you book any short haul British Airways flights, it comes with three options. Basic, Plus and Plus Flex (Europe) or Business UK (British Airways UK domestic).
Your Basic ticket is ‘hand luggage only’ while Plus comes with free checked baggage and Business UK allows you priority boarding.
British Airways Premium Economy gives you an oversized handbag, plus two pieces of hold luggage (23kg each) included in the price.
Infants (under two years old) passengers are typically permitted to bring a small supplementary bag for baby necessities including diapers, food, and clothing.
Sports gear like bicycles, skis, or golf clubs may be allowed to be checked in as part of your luggage allowance, although there may be size and weight restrictions.
Some passengers may be eligible to increased British Airways baggage allowances if they have special medical needs, such as the need for mobility assistance or medical equipment. It is preferable to make these arrangements in advance by calling our travel agents.
Extra baggage charges
If you bring more than the allotted British Airways Baggage, the airline will charge you more. Depending on your route and class of transportation, these fees may change. Usually, it is less expensive to buy extra British Airways baggage online in advance than at the airport.
For a stress-free trip, being aware of British Airways baggage policy is crucial.
Knowing the British Airways baggage restrictions, whether you’re flying in Economy, Premium Economy, Business Class, or First Class, will help you prepare and save unforeseen costs.
The different privileges and British Airways baggage should also be utilised by frequent travellers and passengers with particular situations. Always check with our British Airways travel agents before your travel to make sure you get the most recent information on British Airways baggage allowances and costs. Travel safely!
0208 396 7200
For more travel inspirations and daily travel & more info on British Airways Baggage Allowance, follow us on Facebook or Instagram
Can I book British Airways Baggage over the phone?
Yes, you can book British airways baggage on 0208 396 7200
Can you carry musical instruments on British Airways Baggage?
Smaller music instruments upto 80 cm can be carried as hand baggage on British Airways Baggage.
Can I buy a British airways seat for my musical instrument?
Yes, for instruments upto 140 cm in length can be bought a seat in the cabin
Can I carry sports equipment on British Airways flights?
Yes, you can carry sporting goods of up to 190 x 75 x 65cm (75 x 29.5 x 25.5in) on BA flights.